Victoria Beckham – also known as Posh or Posh Spice, and previously referred to as Victoria Caroline Adams – is England’s most popular football WAG. Her occupations are modelling, fashion designing, acting, singing and dancing. She is married to popular footballer David Beckham.
Date of Birth: 17 April 1974
Birthplace: Harlow, Essex, England
Personal life: Born to Anthony and Jacqueline Adams, she is the second child of her family with a sister named Louise and a brother named Christian. Thanks to her father’s wealthy business, she did not cross real obstacles financially, growing up. At 17, Victoria Beckham made a big push for the realization of her dreams to become a superstar when she attended Laine Theatre Arts in Surrey to study dance and modelling.
She kept climbing the ladder for fame, and in 1994, joined the Spice Girls. The all-female music group went on to become extremely popular at international level and even became one of the top pop acts of the nineties, with over fifty-five million records worldwide. She began a solo career after the lack of success of the Spice Girls’ third album Forever, but was not able to top the UK charts on any occasion.
Victoria Beckham released her autobiography entitled Learning to Fly in September 2001 and a fashion advice guide titled That Extra Half an Inch: Hair, Heels and Everything In five years later in October 2006. Both books turned into bestsellers, and several hundred thousand copies have been sold in the UK for both pieces to date.
All in all, Victoria Beckham’s popularity mainly originates from her work in the fashion business. She has worked with Maria Grachvogel (London Fashion Week), Dolce and Gabbana, Rocawear, Rock & Republic, Roberto Cavalli (Milan Fashion Week) and close friend Katie Holmes. Between April 2008 and February 2009, she appeared thrice on the cover of different Vogue Magazine editions.
Away from her professional life, Victoria Beckham is a mother of four. She entered a relationship with English footballer David Beckham in 1997, got engaged in 1998 and married on 4 July 1999. The couple, then dubbed “Posh and Becks” by the media, purchased a £2.5 million house that year. Later on, the mansion was dubbed “Beckingham Palace”.
Victoria Beckham has three sons:
- Brooklyn Joseph, born in 1999 before her marriage in Westminster, London
- Romeo James, born in 2002, also in Westminster, London
- Cruz David, born in 2005 during David’s time at the Real football club in Madrid, Spain
She gave birth to daughter Harper Seven in Los Angeles in July 2011.
- As a young girl, Victoria Beckham did not like being driven to school by her father in his Rolls Royce.
- During her schooling days, she had no friend and was always alone, as kids “were literally picking things up out of the puddles and throwing them at me.”
- It was the musical Fame that inspired Victoria to become a superstar. Her autobiography’s title Learning to Fly reflects one of the musical’s lines: “I’m gonna live forever, I’m gonna learn how to fly.”
- As of September 2011, she has shot five documentaries, officially: Victoria’s Secrets (2000), Being Victoria Beckham (2002), The Real Beckhams (2003), Full Length & Fabulous: The Beckhams’ 2006 World Cup Party (2006) and Victoria Beckham: Coming To America (2007).
- She starred in Spice World (1997 musical comedy film) and made a cameo appearance in the episode A Nice Day for a Posh Wedding of American TV series Ugly Betty. She has also appeared as guest judge on Project Runway (2008), Germany’s Next Topmodel (2009) and American Idol (2010 auditions).
- Artist Elton John and filmmaker David James Furnish are said to be the godparents of her sons Brooklyn and Romeo, with the godmother being model Elizabeth Hurley.
- Victoria has received a number of kidnapping and death threats over the years. In 2000, during the rehearsal for Spice Girls’ performance at the Brit Awards, she was rushed off stage after a red laser light appeared on her chest.
- Victoria Beckham shares photo with dolphin on Twitter
- Victoria Beckham is not moody, says Mel C after photo critics
- Victoria Beckham wants to give Spice Girls dresses to Harper Seven and charity
- Victoria Beckham wants Eva Longoria and Kate Beckinsale present for 13th wedding anniversary
- Romantic David to give Victoria Beckham memento for 13th wedding anniversary
- Peter Crouch's Abbey Clancy: Victoria Beckham intimidated me
- David and Victoria Beckham appear in video for Queen's Jubilee celebrations
Official website: http://www.victoriabeckham.com/