The PS3 version of FIFA 13 debuted in 4th place, while PES 2013’s PS3 version took the 5th place of the Japanese software chart for the week ended October 21.
The FIFA 13 vs PES 2013 is as hot as always, with gamers from both sides taking all their time to justify their pick for the imaginary “best football video game” award.
But when it comes to sales and rankings, facts speak for themselves. Again, as one would expect, it was FIFA 13 who got the advantage in the rankings corresponding to Week 42 of the Japanese software chart.
Although FIFA 13 failed to grab the No.1 spot—which eventually got occupied by Little Battlers eXperience W—the No.4 position is still something Electronic Arts can be proud of, considering the massive influence and authority of their competitors Konami in Japan.
Below are the Japanese software chart rankings for Week 42, based on the Media Create Sales data, which got republished on NeoGAF.
For the readers’ information, PES 2013 is known as World Soccer Winning Eleven 2013 in Japan.
1. (PSP) Little Battlers eXperience W [Level 5] – 77,457 / New
2. (PS3) Resident Evil 6 [Capcom] – 42,234 / 770,088
3. (3DS) Bravely Default: Flying Fairy [3DS, Square Enix] – 41,430 / 182,959
4. (PS3) FIFA 13 [EA] – 35.800 / New
5. (PS3) World Soccer Winning Eleven 2013 [Konami] – 32,320 / 306,348
6. (3DS) New Super Mario Bros. 2 [Nintendo] – 24,917 / 1,271,625
7. (Vita) The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki Evolution [Nihon Falcom] – 21,518 / New
8. (Vita) Little Battlers eXperience W [Level 5] – 16,842 / New
9. (3DS) Style Savvy: Trendsetters [Nintendo] – 14,282 / 136,672
10. (3DS) Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! [Bandai Namco] – 13,267 / 203,637
The Famitsu Sales data for the week ended October 21 showed the PS3 version of FIFA 13 earn the 3rd position in the chart, while PES 2013’s PS3 version secured the 5th position.